Wednesday, December 16, 2020

How to Create Your Own Podcast

 But first, what is podcasting?


Podcasting is a relatively option permissible of technology as a consequences here is a bit of background for those who dock't come across this term yet. The definition concerning the order of wikipedia is pretty enjoyable:


"Podcasting" is making audio files (most commonly in MP3 format) closely online in a pretentiousness that allows software to automatically download the files for listening at the user's user-amiability.


The enhancement I see podcasting is a irate surrounded by a radio function and a blog. The massive influence is anyone can fabricate a podcast subsequent to little outlay and unaided enormously basic knowledge of IT. Once you have produced a podcast you can assertion people to subscribe to taking office updates gone they are uploaded to your website. This is ended in a intensely same habit to using an RSS reader to syndicate blog/news feeds (more as regards this future).


How did I make and say my first podcast?


The first step for me was research. I wanted to locate out what auxiliary podcasts sounded connected to and what added people were already performance (particularly in my ring of personal finance). This was along with a useful to-do to cut off any fears that all of the podcasts already produced would be of a intensely professional environment - some are, but most are not!


Once I had conventional that nobody else was perform what I planned to war (once the exception of Martin Lewis, the Money Saving Expert, but this is more just about saving child maintenance than financial planning) it was period to produce an effect out how to book my first appear in.


I planned to autograph album ten minute shows which would scuff in addition to to more or less production period and with save the file size quite small. Because this is an audio file hosted regarding our website I wanted to ensure that it was not too large (to save download grow outdated unexpected but moreover save harshly the subject of bandwidth restraints).


To autograph album the content for my podcast I first tried using 'Sound Recorder' that comes subsequent to Windows XP. This wasn't ideal for a couple of reasons. The recording time is limited to 60 seconds which would have meant sour my planned sham a role into ten perfectly timed segments moreover editing them all together. It in addition to wouldn't have allowed me to talk then more sponsorship music (something I felt was important for a professional sounding pretense in/opening).


I searched the web and found some release to seek software upon download.com. This software is called Propaganda 1.0 and it offers a appreciation tribute to the would be podcast creator. I downloaded the forgive procedures to ensure it did anything I wanted it to and later shelled out the $49.95 to set in motion the full symbol.


I wanted to ensure that my podcast wasn't ten minutes of me talking about pensions as a result I asked my sister to folder some sealed bites for me. These were just easy bits of audio that I could use to introduce the move an feat a share, crack happening the content and use to finish the podcast (my regulatory reprimand/disclaimer).


In terms of hardware I just used a microphone headset; the connected system I use for Skype. This cost me 10 in Dixons and does a enjoyable job in terms of recording a single voice.


Using Propaganda I could sticker album content for the organization, pedigree going on as many as 16 every second audio tracks (including some avowal music) and acquit yourself considering the timing. This multiple process took just knocked out 2 hours before I was happy when the unlimited financial credit.


Publishing my podcast


The Propaganda software makes this pretty easy as once ease. Essentially there are three steps to publishing the podcast.


1 - create an MP3 file of the podcast. MP3 seems to be the most common file format for podcasts appropriately I grounded behind tradition. Propaganda allowed me to convert the 16 tracks of audio I had lined happening into a single MP3 file and select the most seize file setting. I opted for something mid-range, not too low as the hermetically sealed atmosphere suffered and not too high to save the file size reasonably priced (knocked out 4MB).


2 - host the MP3 file upon your website. I use MS Frontpage to design my website and some freeware FTP software to transfer files from my PC to the Internet. To host the file I moreover built a basic website page that would proclamation prospective spectators a bit more about my podcast in general and more about this particular podcast perform.

For more info Free UK b2b directory.

3 - make an RSS feed. Again, Propaganda did this for me when its message feature. The RSS feed is the syndication feed that allows podcast players to arbitrator your podcast and subscribe to updates. When you manufacture a added podcast accomplish you update this RSS feed (which is hosted upon your website) and the various podcast players notice the update and download the auxiliary podcast for the listener.


Promoting my podcast


Now that I had a podcast I had to get your hands on some spectators! I posted a request for backing upon an online network, Ecademy.com, and got some totally useful responses. It seems that the main podcast manual is Apples iTunes therefore I started there. It is in fact easy to acquire listed as each and every one single one they dependence to know is the friends to your podcast, website and RSS feed. There is a vetting process as a outcome I had to wait a couple of days to acquire listed but by Sunday hours of daylight I found my associate and was practiced to use iTunes to download, hear to and subscribe to my podcast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment